Now that you own an Audi q5, you must feel so good about yourself. But after quite a few rides, you suddenly realize that you need to worry about some other things too and oil is one of them.
You need to change your ride’s oil every once in a while to keep getting a good service from it. But having so many options available in the market, this might often get confusing. So, I am here to help you with it.
So, what is the best oil for Audi q5? There are a number of options available in this case. But I have made a list of the nine best. However, among these, I will suggest you go with the Castrol 03084C Edge 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil. This one will offer you everything you need to run your engine smoothly and get high performance.
In case you still remain confused. I am going to talk about some other facts too that will help you choose the best one. So, stick through the end to know everything!
7 Best Oil for Audi Q5 Reviews 2021
- Castrol 03084C Edge 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil –The Overall Best
- Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 – Suitable for both conventional and synthetic
- Royal Purple 51530 High-Performance Motor Oil 5W-30 (5QT) – The Slippery One
- Mobil 1 (112799 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil – 5 Quart – Best For a Clean Engine
- Havoline 5W30 High Mileage Synthetic Blend, 5 Quarts – The one with deposit shield technology
- Liqui Moly (2011 Top Tec 4200 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil – Great for lubrication
- Liqui Moly 2332 Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 Engine Oil – The most affordable one
1. Castrol 03084C Edge 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil
If you are looking for a complete synthetic oil, the Castrol 03084C Edge 5W-30 Advanced Full Synthetic Motor Oil is your best choice. It maximizes the engine response and performance at a higher rate by decreasing the engine deposit formation.
One of the best things about this oil is the fluid Titanium technology that reduces the metal-to-metal contact in the driving speed ranges while increasing the overall performance. This oil is capable of protecting the engine between drain intermissions even under extreme pressure. Not to mention the suitability with several vehicle manufacturers.
Customer reviews suggest that this synthetic oil is excellent when it comes to reducing the engine noise, and you can easily use it for high mileage q5 and other vehicles. Also, this oil has proved to be a better lubricator than others and can increase fuel efficiency greatly.
Besides all these features, the oil is a really affordable choice and is a great investment considering the service and longevity.
- Capable of handling extreme pressure.
- Fluid Titanium technology for better engine performance.
- Engine protection for the entire drain interval.
- Stronger than Mobil 1 against viscosity breakdown.
- Passed the engine test requirements of Chrysler
- Excellent engine performance and suitable for high mileage vehicles.
- Reduces the metal-to-metal contact within a range of different speeds.
- Increases the engine response by decreasing the engine deposit formation.
- Smells like gas.
2. Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic SAE 5W-30 Motor Oil
Though named synthetic oil, this Valvoline advanced oil is suitable for both conventional and any kinds of synthetic oils. You can either drain this one with your engine’s current oil or mix it with the synthetic one.
Furthermore, the oil comes with superior cleaning agents that keep the engine clean and healthy while maximizing performance. They also stop the sludge formation and remove any kind of deposits.
Fuel consumption and efficiency are much of a deal when it comes to the Audi q5 oil type. Fortunately, this synthetic oil can reduce the metal to metal contact, greatly saving a lot of energy loss. It’s capable of offering maximum protection even under extreme weather conditions due to the superior thermal properties it comes with.
Moreover, the oil is totally rust free so that your engine can last longer and work with efficiency. This one will continue to lubricate the engine even if it’s too cold out there.
- Innovative anti-wear additives.
- Full synthetic formula.
- Extra superior detergents.
- Superior anti-oxidants
- Excellent for the snowblower and other lawn equipment.
- Ensures smooth performance even in cold weathers
- Guarantees a huge number of miles coverage.
- Fights sludge and deposits.
- A little bit expensive.
3. Royal Purple 51530 High-Performance Motor Oil 5W-30 (5QT)
The best thing about the Royal Purple 5W-30 is the compatibility features. It works perfectly with any kind of synthetic or conventional oil. So, you won’t have to drain up the oil and top it up with Royal Purple rather.
Moreover, the oil is slippery so that you can easily mate the parts of a brand-new engine. All you have to do is wait after the first draining and then add the oil to it. This oil also rejuvenates the seals in order to stop any kind of leaking. Not to mention the engine cleaning and performance enhancement it offers.
Mostly, people have loved this product for the wear protection it offers. Moving parts are secured in the protection layers. This also helps in reducing the friction between the moving parts of your engine.
This Audi q5 engine oil is excellent when it comes to eliminating the contaminants and resisting oxidation to offer protection against corrosion. It basically prevents any kind of corrosive material formation inside.
In short, this Royal Purple oil assures you the finest performance in any kind of situation or weather conditions.
- The wear protection has gotten better.
- Protection against LPI has improved greatly.
- Excellent exhaust emissions equipment.
- Superior corrosion protection.
- Excellent Compatibility.
- Works amazingly with leakages.
- Extremely corrosion-resistant.
- Improves fuel efficiency.
- You have to handle the bottle carefully.
4. Mobil 1 (112799 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil – 5 Quart
Approved by the latest OEM and industry, this motor oil is excellent when it comes to clean dirty engines and increase the overall engine performance. Besides being an Audi approved oil, this synthetic oil is used by most of the European cars, including the Porsche and Mercedes-Benz.
Customers claim that the oil showed an excellent stood up performance in all kinds of weather conditions, including extreme cold and heat. You might find the price a little bit expensive, but once you start using it, you will understand the worth.
You might want to keep the bottle upside since some people complained about it leaking if placed on its side. However, be assured that you will get quality craftsmanship and a really easy operation.
- Advanced Full Synthetic Formula.
- Amazing overall lubrication and wear protection.
- Excellent during the maximum oil change interval.
- Ultra-fast protection.
- 230 degrees Celsius flashpoint.
- Prevents deposits.
- Ensures a long engine life stopping sludge build-up.
- Thermal and oxidation stability.
- Excellent in aiding fuel economy.
- The bottle needs to be handled with care.
5. Havoline 5W30 High Mileage Synthetic Blend, 5 Quarts
So, this is one of the best oil for Audi q5 for a number of reasons that I am going to talk about now. The Havoline high Mileage Motor oil is made with deposit shield technology that is especially suitable for the high mileage engines out there.
You can be sure that the gaskets can be compromised, the oil consumption rate can increase, and the seals can deteriorate over the life of your engine performance. The oil contains a seal conditioning agent, which plays an important role when it comes to maintaining the proper seal condition and minimizing oil leaks.
This product maintains the evaporative losses at a warm temperature quite efficiently that helps to control oil consumption. Moreover, it offers high protection to the turbo-charged engines against the high-temperature operation. The protection against instability and oxidation at extreme temperatures is worth mentioning.
It also offers a high-temperature viscosity for a longer amount of time than the others available in the market. In short, your engine work in optimal condition with this Audi q5 engine oil.
- Made with Deposit Shield Technology.
- Contains Additional cleansing agents.
- Protects the turbocharged high mileage engines.
- Extraordinary wear protection.
- Helps greatly to prevent oil consumption.
- Helps to maintain engine performance and cleanliness.
- Extremely resistant to oxidation.
- Works great in extreme temperatures.
- Maintains great stability.
- The bottle requires attention.
6. Liqui Moly (2011 Top Tec 4200 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil
When it comes to Liqui Moly, this is a company that works with a conscientious global player and Swabian roots to improve their oil quality. For long 60 years, they have been providing us with excellent quality oils that lubricate our engine at a higher level. This model is not an exception.
You can most assuredly rely on this model since it will offer great wear and tear protection in all kinds of temperatures. The high-quality formula will make your engine smoother than ever! It will maintain your regular intervals without damaging the engine even for a bit.
The vibration-free service might just make you fall in love with this oil. The additives in it ensure a safer ride while increasing the overall engine performance. So, still, looking for the best oil? Well, look no further!
- 100% authentic synthetic oil.
- Excellent wear and tear protection.
- Made with high-level specifications.
- Makes your engine smoother.
- Maintains your intervals without damaging the engine.
- Offers vibration-free engine performance.
- Works excellently in both warm and cold weather.
- There are no cons!
7. Liqui Moly 2332 Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 Engine Oil
While most people have a tendency to get products from famous brands like Castrol or Pennzoil, I can assure you that Liqui Moly is nothing less. In fact, the company’s products have quickly paved their way up due to their high-quality features. So, the Liqui Moly 2332 Leichtlauf High Tech 5W-40 Engine Oil is not an exception.
This Audi recommended oil has gotten a lot of attention due to the affordable price it comes with. You will see how affordable this product is compared to the others available in the market.
One of the interesting things about this oil is that it comes in a 5-liter bottle rather than in gallons so that you can buy the oil in bulk easily. Not to mention the super unique and effective formula hat not only increases the engine’s performance but also reduces harmful pollutants.
This is one of the oils that can provide efficient performance in both warm and cold weather. The protection against engine wear is amazing.
Thinking about the environment, this product reduces fuel consumption and lessens the carbon footprint outcome. So, your engine remains totally clean and runs as efficiently as possible.
- Rapid oil delivery even in low temperatures.
- High level of protection against wear.
- Compatible and mixable with other commercially available oils.
- Tested with catalytic converters.
- The performance proved with turbochargers.
- Ensures a long-time performance.
- Outstanding with engine cleanliness.
- Not only saves fuel but also reduces pollutant emission.
- Ensures optimum oil pressure at all kinds of engine speeds.
- There aren’t any negative reviews about the oil.
Things to Consider When Choosing Oil for the Audi Q5?
There are a number of factors you need to consider before buying oil for your Audi q5.
Oil Type: You should choose one between conventional and synthetic oil. If you ask me, I would suggest you go with the synthetic one. The ones I mentioned in my articles are mostly synthetic ones and they will give you an efficient and as well as smooth performance with the engine. These are best when it comes to vibration-free engines.
Viscosity: If you are an Audi driver, you should know what viscosity is. This thing is really important when it comes to choosing the finest quality oil. In most cases, 5W-30 is the best viscosity grade to choose for the oil.
Q5 Oil Capacity: Oil capacity can vary highly from vehicle to vehicle. You will get oils in galleons that will help you put inside a high amount at a time. But you need to be sure that you got the oil capacity right. Because if not, your engine might not even start working. So, make sure that you got the right one to avoid getting into problems.
What Kind of Oil Does an Audi Q5 Use?
Which oil you should use in an Audi q5 varies highly on the type of fuel. In most cases, it’s best to use synthetic oil of SAE 5W-30 for your Audi q5. However, if you are using a gasoline engine of 2.0T Premium and 3.0R Premium, using SAE 5W-540 is recommended.
How Often Does an Audi Q5 Need an Oil Change?
An oil change is not only one of the essential things but also an exciting thing to do when it comes to your Audi Q5. Recommended by Audi, you should change your cars’ oil and filter within every 3000-5000 miles. However, make sure to give your owner’s manual a check or talk with your dealer before going to change the first oil.
So, check everything carefully before jumping into changing your Audi Q5’s oil and filter. The most important thing is to never forget to change the oil no matter how busy you are. Because this can have a great effect on the overall performance of your ride.
How Much Does an Oil Change Cost for an Audi Q5?
Actually, that depends on the type of oil you are using, the engine type, and size. While a 4-cylinder car will take less oil and require mostly conventional oil, a high-performance V8 engine will need more and use the full synthetic motor oil.
So, depending on all these factors, the oil change can cost can vary highly. So, you should check the pricing plan of the company before going there by yourself.
What Happens If You Use the Wrong Fluids in Your Car?
You can guess like putting the wrong liquid in your car’s engine can result in some serious damage. So, you need to have a good idea about what will happen if you use the wrong liquids:
Engine oil leakage: Brand is not an important thing when it comes to Audi q5 oil. What’s really important is the viscosity grade, which is 10W-30 in most cases. So, you will have to use the one recommended in your manual.
If by any chance, you use the wrong oil in the engine, the overall lubrication will reduce, making the engine life shorter. While adding synthetic oil to the normal oil is ok, it’s not recommended, and never try the opposite one. If the manual says synthetic, then synthetic it is!
Battery Fluid: Some of the Audi q5 has accessible single cells out there that need to fill with water once in a while to cover the lead plates. Now, you should always use distilled water for this purpose. No salts or minerals.
If you even mistakenly add tap water to the electrolyte liquid of the battery, the minerals can go on to the internal lead plates and thus, reducing the battery performance as well as life.
Add diesel fuel to the tank of a petrol-driven car: This is what will cause the engine to knock ad stumble if it starts by any chance. But luckily, the diesel pumps inside come with oversized nozzles making this difficult to happen.
Now, it depends highly on the amount of gasoline you are going to pour into the tank of your diesel car how much damage will happen to the gasoline injectors, pump, and other parts.
Fortunately, if you can detect the problem earlier, a technician can easily stop it from further damage by draining the contaminated fuel.
What Happens If you Don’t Change the Oil in Your Audi Q5?
You must have understood by now how important it is to change the oil in your Audi Q5 every once in a while. However, you should still know about what will happen if you don’t:
The Heat Increases: Besides all the explosions due to the gasoline and sparks plug, the friction of engine components produces a lot of heat, which can cause serious damage to essential engine parts.
Now, the worse part is, when this oil moves around all the engines, the heat is also carried to the cooler parts. However, it’s strictly recommended that none of the engine parts should get too hot.
The Audi Q5 Gets Trapped with Dirt: Keeping the engine dirt-free is an important part of Audi maintenance. When the oil takes up the dust and debris particles and carries them up to the oil filter, they get trapped quite easily. So, if you don’t change the oil, the dust will go up to the engine instead and cause internal damages.
Corrosion: Additives in the oil is specially mixed to help you get rid of the oxidation and prevent corrosion. So, not changing the oil will result in corrosion in your engine.
Fuel efficiency Reduces The more slippery your engine components area, the less force you need to make them move. Thus, fuel efficiency remains intact. But without engine oil, they won’t be slippery, and the fuel efficiency will start to reduce very soon.
Engine Knocking: The oil in your engine is responsible that your engine parts do not touch each other. Without oil, the engine knocking will get started, and it will damage all the internal components one by one.
So, here goes my top 7 best oil for Audi q5 list. I can assure you that each of them will provide you with excellent performance and won’t give you a chance to complain. While you can choose any of these, my recommended one is also an option.
In case you couldn’t decide which one to choose, you can go through our buying guide section to know about the factors that you should consider. Also, read briefly where I talked about some of the oil facts you should know about the Audi q5.
I hope this article had everything you needed and you could choose the finest oil for yourself.
- Top 7 Best Oil for Flat Tappet Cam Engine – Unlock the Speed Now
- Top 5 Best Oil For Infiniti G37- Premium Options to Rely On
- Top 10 Best Oil For 7.3 Powerstroke -Get Velocity To Run in 2021
- Top 10 Best Oil for 3.5 Ecoboost Reviews With a Buying Guide 2021
- Top 7 Best Oil for Mercedes C300 – A Complete Guide for 2021
- Top 7 Best Oil for Mazdaspeed 3 Which are Recommended in 2021
- Top 7 Best Oil for 50cc Scooter – Few Unbelievable Choices for You
- Top 7 Best Oil for High Mileage 5.3 Vortec Review & Buying Guide
5w30 and 5w20 are both known to be the effective viscosity for most of the engine oils. But even though these are the best-known viscosity grade, there are some differences in the properties. Often,...
Motor oil works as a lubricant to the car components and reduces friction within the components. Your motor oil will ensure a swift drive and smooth run. That’s why you should be very careful about...